CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Setback

For the past two months, I have spent countless hours looking at various websites for gluten-free recipes. Most of these websites have been designed with nothing but gluten-free recipes. So, when I was looking at the Crock Pot Girls website, I completely forgot that I was looking at a normal website and needed to pay attention to ingredients. I found several recipes, one being Enchiladas. Anyone who knows me, knows how obsessed I am with Mexican food. Naturally, this was the first recipe I decided to try -- and it was amazing!

About an hour after I finished eating, my stomach started to hurt. After that, came the horrible headache. After two trips to the bathroom, I suddenly remembered what I had done with the recipe websites. I immediately looked at the ingredients and found that two of them are not gluten-free. Well, great. No wonder I was not feeling well. I packed up the leftovers and took them next door to my very eager and grateful next door neighbors. I won't make that mistake again! I must find another recipe for enchiladas that is completely gluten-free

Oh how I will miss you, enchiladas!

The night wasn't all bad. I cleaned out my crock pot and decided to try the White Hot Chocolate recipe I got from the same site. After triple checking the ingredients, I was happy to see that it was completely gluten-free. This was another very simple recipe that only called for 4 ingredients. 

White Bliss



4 comments:

Coley said...

That hot chocolate looks yummy! Are you going to post the recipe?

Chelly said...

http://crockpotgirls.com/recipes/beverages/white-hot-chocolate/

chelsburke2 said...

Chelly did you figure out how to store the leftovers?

Chelly said...

I put it in a tupperware and stuck it in the fridge. I reheated it in the crock pot the next morning and it was still fabulous!

Post a Comment