CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Update/Vent

Wow. I haven't posted in a week. I haven't tried anything exciting this past week, so I guess that's why I haven't posted much. I've cooked some pretty normal meals, and we've gone out to eat a bunch. I did try a new pizza place as suggested by a friend. The gluten free pizza was okay....the one I made with the Wholesome Foods Bakery crust was better, and cheaper.

I'm starting to get more and more frustrated with the added cost of eating gluten free. I used to be able to spend very little at the grocery store. So, to save money, I'm trying to avoid buying the special foods as much as possible. There is still a lot that Bells and I can eat that costs normal prices. Obviously things like bread, pasta, pretzels, and pizza I will have to buy gluten free...but as I said, I'm trying to avoid eating those things as much as possible.

I did try the other brand of gluten free cake mix. It was decent. Today, I bought Betty Crocker's gluten free Vanilla Cake Mix. I will cook that this week, so stay tuned for that post.

Tomorrow before taking Bells on her first trick or treating adventure, I'm making Chebe dogs. I saw this idea on a gluten free Facebook page I follow. You take Chebe gluten free cheese bread mix, and wrap it around a hot dog. Bake and eat! So I'll be posting that soon too. I'm so excited to try these. It's like a new take on corn dogs. If they're good, I will most likely serve these at Bella's birthday party in December.

1 comments:

chelsburke2 said...

Yes! I got you to the 'dark' side :) Hey I am not GF and have been known to complain about some gf items, because well lucky me I get a choice, and I LOVED the Betty Crocker Cake Mix. It hardly tastes different. You will LOVE IT. I promise!

Post a Comment